Saturday, 30 June 2007

SYF Opening Ceremony

Had an extremely long but fruitful first week up on the hills. Yesterday was the 'finale'. I finished lessons at 2, immediately had to rush for the IJ-board induction for newbies then at 5pm had to bring my band babies to the SYF opening. Initially I thought that I will immediately zonk out the moment I reach Indoor Stadium but I didn't. Instead, i was dazzled by the items presented at the ceremony. Of course, our fabulous dance girls were there!! Was happy to see our girls cheering for their school mates. There were many band performances including 1 from St John's Institution from KL. The one that left an impression in me was the combined primary school performance. Those kids were so cute and wore flowers on the bells of their instruments. That made me recall me primary school band days. How we prepared for the SYF competition. I can still remember the pieces we played. I can even remember the solo parts and how it should be played, even after more than 15 years.


Then of course, there's my secondary school. In order to recruit members, we'll plan outdoor band displays for the sec 1s and it's always the most difficult and tiring activity but we all enjoyed it when the product was ready. Then there was JC, NS and then university. Gee...seems just like yesterday.


So what did I accomplish was a youth? Academica achievements aside, I think I had a hell lot of fun. Isn't that what being youthful is all about? I'd like to believe i'm still a youth and will spend this youth day holiday doing something youthful. Haha...


Dug through a whole lot of old pics but could only find some of them. So..this is me, when I was slightly more youthful. I'm youthful. Still. :P



This picture was taken for our year book. A decade ago. I'm seated first row, 6th from the right, beside the band major.



In JC, we made banners for EVERYTHING. This giant one spans 3 storeys and was hung on the rooftop. See how small the stone table looks compared to it. We didn't set out to do one that was so big but because I made a mistake in calculations, we ended up with a cloth that was so big.



Recruitment banner. We had so much fun planning and painting it.



There were only so 'many' guys in my JC class.



We call ourselves the crap-family. Cos we're always so crappy. We all came into JC and into the same class, doing the same triple science combi cos we wanted to be doctors. As fate would have it, only 1 of us made it. The rest of us are, however, happy where we are and doing our share for the community. Let's see, from the left (seated): pharmacist, teacher, business-woman, business-woman, radiologist, doctor (OMG i still cannot believe this crazy woman is a doctor now! :P) Standing: physiotherapist, physiotherapist, pharmacist, nurse.


NEOPRINTS! Haven't seen these guys for almost a year. Must have a class outing soon again! Arghh....



JC life was such a daze. It came and went very quickly and before we know it, we're in NS! OMG....

No comments: