Tuesday, 26 June 2007

dead beat

Last night, I blogged while lying on my bed using my Atom. Unfortunately, after I'm done with the entire post, i accidentally tapped the 'back' button and the post was gone. Forever. Was too upset to make another post and I just went to bed hoping to wake up 2 hours later to do some work. I didn't wake up till 6am today.


Yesterday was quite an emotionally sapping day. The mobile phone event triggered off everything and I spent almost an entire period blasting. Still not the kind of blasting I did in another place but enough to make so want to give up. This generation is unfortunate enough to be born into a world of so much distractions. Only the ones who can prioritise will survive. Nothing is more important that getting an education. Up on the hills, people are too sheltered. They do not know that they are competing with everyone else in singapore. They do not know that they have an excellent environment for maximum growth and development, away from the daily fights and frequent disruptions. The only disruptions they have are self-created. Their incessant talking drives me crazy. Their indifference drives me mad. Perhaps I just care too much.


This morn, found out that 2 of them deliberately skipped afternoon lessons "because they dun feel like coming". This time round, I was more composed. I even smiled and replied that I will treat it as a truancy case. They are not the malicious kind, just very playful. I really wish I had a way to make them see that they should really grow up now and be responsible for their own future. Yeah, grow up. Just two days and I'm actually quite drained. Physically and emotionally. Thankfully I've still got plenty of focused and motivated ones whom I don't mind a bit to stay behind after work to help. Sigh...

No comments: